Excel provides a responsive, proactive and enthusiastic high quality service. Delivered by our experienced and talented team of Building and Facility Managers and Concierge.
Our tireless focus on systems review and process combined with our vast quality control measures assists us to monitor staff progress and service delivery across all sites we service. This enables effective feedback to our people and ensuring that key learnings are incorporated back into our training and continuous improvement programs.
Quality Management Systems
It is the policy of Excel to operate its business in a manner that consistently meets or exceeds the quality standards set by stakeholders – being Clients, industry regulators and the communities and environments within which the Company operations are conducted. Excel is committed to continuously improving operations and services provided by our Companies.
Service Quality Is A Customer Determination And As Such We Strive To:
- Provide responsive and proactive services for the modern-day buildings and building environments.
- Identify the changing needs and expectations of our Clientele.
- Maintain processes and procedures which ensure that these changes are accommodated.
- Provide services on time and at the specifications required by the client.
- Provide an employment environment where continuous improvement is encouraged.
- Train all staff to act in accordance with the requirements of this policy.
Principles articulated in our Quality Management Policy include:
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- A process approach
- Systems approach to management
- Continual improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
Sometimes innovation or continuous improvement is a response to new and practical changes in the market. The speed of technology change allows opportunity to be more productive and to simplify some of Facility management processes.
Excel’s culture is a Team Culture and due to its boutique structure, the Building Managers and Concierge at various sites communicate and share ideas readily. Sharing insights, experiences and ideas amongst the Team can generate new industry innovations gleaned from Excel’s sites contractors, service providers, Clients and members of the strata environment.
Excel shares experience and expertise across all our sites and our collective strength is demonstrated by:
- Fully trained and site familiar in-house Managers and Concierge staff to provide redundancy and cover during annual and personal leave.
- Rigorous and structured recruitment procedures.
- Support via staff training workshops held at Head Office.
- Company developed training modules developed in-house to ensure relevance and competency-based knowledge is delivered to supplement training and learning.
- Contractor Tender Documents developed by Excel.
- Minor & Major Renovation Guidelines developed by Excel.
- Company developed Web Portal and Intranet in place.
- Leveraging Contractors used on most Excel sites for corporate rates.
- Leveraging experience of entire Excel network across multiple sites.
- Compilation of detailed site-specific cost-effective Maintenance Programs.
- Compilation of Agreements for Routine Maintenance Services, Minor and Major Projects.
- Full commitment to Work Health & Safety Plan including Contractor Work Permits, Site.Induction, Insurances and Licences.
- In-House Health Safety Representative.
- End to End Project Management of Capital Works upgrades/replacements.
- Detailed tailored budgeting with full breakdown of all line items taking into consideration the specifics and complexities of the site.
- Compiling PowerPoint presentations for Strata Committees at AGM’s.
- Compiling meaningful and practical Sinking Fund Projections.
In the event of the site Facility Manager experiencing short notice sick leave, Excel employs two full time Relief Building Managers to provide cover. Further support is provided by the Operations Manager and/or General Manager who will attend site to ensure that management attendance is always provided.
What Our Customers Are Saying
“If I was to rename EXCEL Building Management one word springs to mind; Integrity. Having worked with the staff of EXCEL for the past six years in my capacity as Chairperson and Treasurer of Cove Apartments, I have come to value the integrity of the staff and service supplied by all persons I come in contact with in their organisation. Rarely in any professional sense have I been consistently impressed with attention to detail and proactive management of situations and assets. I would find it very difficult to find another building management company of the calibre of EXCEL.”
"For over seven years I have been a resident of Panorama, which is one of five residential units of the Pacific Square Complex. For most of this time I have been a member of the Executive Committee, and have also represented Panorama on the Building Management Committee of Pacific Square. During this time I have been privy to many issues concerning the running of the entire complex. I have always found the staff to be approachable in dealing with issues and the senior staff especially skilled in solving all sorts of problems. In light of my own experience of Excel Building Management I have no hesitation in expressing my complete confidence in the Company and its staff in having the ability to handle a similar property with all its many issues and complexities."
"Two years ago, we contracted Excel to provide concierge services for Sydney Wharf. We provided the company with a set of criteria and emphasised that concierge staff were to act as ambassadors for Sydney Wharf while providing excellent service to our residents and their guests plus the highest level of security for our property. We are very happy with the way the company has met these requirements. Over two years, Excel has selected two Head Concierges who we have found to be intelligent and highly competent individuals. They are smartly attired, friendly and courteous and maintain a professional manner at all times. Residents have often commented on how considerate and helpful they have found the concierge to be. Our concierge staff implement the Owners’ Corporation policies consistently and manage tradespeople and visitors very well. They are reliable, excellent at multi-tasking and take a proactive approach to their role."
"As far as I’m concerned, and indeed the rest of the committee, things could not have worked out better. We all keep our ears to the ground to see whether there are any mutterings of discontent. To our delight we haven’t heard a word apart from general approval of Sam and the concierge staff and therefore Excel itself. So, a very successful year all round and I hope many more to come!"
"As Chairman of Ikon, and on behalf of the Executive Committee, thank you for your civility and diligence in working with us to establish the enviable reputation of the IKON, and for your courteous relationship with committee members and our residents – we experienced no incidents for the entire period! Your professionalism and honesty is exemplified by the fact that no invoice was ever challenged, and there were no claims of underpayments or inappropriate behaviour made against your staff. It is a rare achievement for service providers to maintain contracts for that length of time and that is a credit to all parties; this stability and civility has been a mainstay of the IKON‘s reputation.”
"I have been a property owner and resident of the Boulevard for the past eight years and for this entire period Excel has been the property manager. I am also a Committee Member of the Executive and Building Management Committees, accordingly I have had considerable interaction with James. James commenced on-site in April 2015, and at all times I have found him to be highly professional, engaging, personable, responsible and solution focussed. All projects carried out by Excel have been successfully managed and completed on-time, within budget and to a high standard, meeting the satisfaction of committee members and residents."
"Eileen and I wish to thank you for the kindness, care and attention which you have shown to us over our two and half years as tenants at the Residence. It was always highly reassuring to know you and your team were there, and prepared to deal with any eventuality with your usual efficiency."
"As the immediate past Chairperson of the North Residential Tower of the King Street Wharf Complex (comprising Residential, Retail and Commercial Stratums), I have been asked to give a reference to Excel Building Management – the current Building Manager of the Complex. The management of such a multi facilities complex requires considerable experience and expertise and this has been carried out with skill and dedication by the Excel Building Management team. I have no hesitation in advising that Excel Building Management and its dedicated staff will have the capacity to handle any similar environment with a multi facilities structure."